Ilab Windows Vista Sidebar gadgets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Color calendars

Go down

Color calendars Empty Color calendars

Post  coyot Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:53 pm

When you have multiple calendars in Google Calendar you can specify colors for each of them. Unfortunately this gadget cannot visualize it. It would be nice to have it...;->

Another language versions?:>

coyot

Back to top Go down

Color calendars Empty Re: Color calendars

Post  Admin Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:48 pm

About colors for calendars: it is okay for me to display the colors on the flyout (coming in next version) what does not make too much sense, but to display directly on the gadget... well I dont really feel the sense of those colors, I think they are more annoying than useful. They make the look of a calendar displayer like a christmas tree Smile
However, if you have a good idea how to display the colors in a moderate way tell me and I will think of it.

Languages: I can try to create a german translation but I am not familiar with other languages Smile If you feel like, I can send you the texts in english and if you translate them I will use your translation.

Admin
Admin

https://ilab.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:38 am

it is better not to force one option, but to give the user the option for colors.
for those of us who use google calendar regularly, already know which color is for what type of events.
blue = classes, green = appointments, red=holidays, etc.

if there is a way to just use the settings we set within the google calendar, i think that is ideal.
And also, the option to turn off colors would be nice.

paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:18 pm

Okay, it is on my todo list.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  User Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:57 am

I agree that colored calendars are needed, and if possible background color customization.
Your gadget is great but showing different types of events by color-coordination would really help.

If you want, you could simply make the gadget pull color data straight from Google.

User

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:04 pm

Yes, I think I will do that, thanks.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Robin Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:21 pm

Hey, i'd like you to know that the color coding is a very usefull feature. I hope to see it in your gadget as well somewhere in the future.

Suggestion how to implement it:
At the calendar list, add a dropdownbox next to every calendar name.
with the following options:
- default color (or just a white square)
- use google calendar colors (not sure if this is possible)
- some color to manually pick (red square, blue square, green square, yellow square, etc; use the colors google uses!)

And since you're already messing with colors, it would be nice if users would be able to change all the colors of the gadget. I for instance prefer a white gadget with black writings. Choosing your own colors makes it also better to mach it with the colors people have choosen in their google calendar.

Thanks for the great gadget so far!

Robin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:44 pm

It is implemented, though in a slightly different way... Uploaded.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down