Ilab Windows Vista Sidebar gadgets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installation

2 posters

Go down

Installation Empty Installation

Post  donnyj53 Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:36 pm

OK, I'm not a newby but how do you install this app? All I see in the zip is a lot of js file's, som htm's but no exe's. There is no documentation on this too.
It's quite hard to evaluate a program if you can't intall it.

thanks

donnyj53

Back to top Go down

Installation Empty Re: Installation

Post  hooligan Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:49 am

When you double-click on the .gadget, you OS should ask whether you want to install it.
What happens in your case?

hooligan

Back to top Go down

Installation Empty Installaton

Post  donnyj53 Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:31 am

There is no .gadget file to click on. If there was I wouldn't have a problem. As I mentioned , there is no .gadget file, no exe's, just .js, .html, .cs, .css, and .xml files. So again how go I install this.
Thanks.

donnyj53

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:31 pm

Well, you have downloaded an archive file with name GoogleCalendar.gadget or Googler.gadget (I don't know which you are trying to install). You are right, it is technically a .zip archive file with .gadget extension, however, you mustn't unpack it. Simply double click the downloaded archive file, then your OS will ask whether you want to install it.

If you still do not manage to install the gadget, please describe step-by-step what you are doing and what happens, starting with the download of the gadget. Then I will able to help, I hope.

Admin
Admin

https://ilab.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Installation Empty Installation

Post  donnyj53 Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:50 pm

OK, what I downloaded was a zip file and I'm not sure why it didn't have the .gadget extention on it when I downloaded it but changing the file extention to gadget made it usable. Thank you much for the assist.

donnyj53

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:40 pm

Okay, I hope you find the gadget useful.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Installation Empty Still confused

Post  BrianT Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:17 pm

I am in the same boat, however, I do not know how to change the file extension. I clicked download on the site and it puts a googler folder (zip) on my desktop when I double click the folder it opens it and shows me the contents. How do I install it?\

thanks

BrianT

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:59 pm

Oooh, I suppose you use Internet Explorer, and it seems not "playing nice".

Anyway, I have configured the webserver so that IE also recognizes the file type, however, you will need to clear IE's cache before downloading again if you have already tried and IE downloaded it as .zip

If you don't want to clear IE cache, or you don't know how to do it, you can use any other browsers for downloading, or just rename the downloaded .zip to .gadget.

If you use windows explorer as file manager, you can change the file extension from .zip to .gadget by right click/rename. If you don't see the extension at all, you need to tell windows explorer to show it affraid as press Alt button, then click Tools menu / Folder options, then click View, then uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" in Advanced settings.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum