Ilab Windows Vista Sidebar gadgets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I see "Please log in" but I have logged in already

Go down

I see "Please log in" but I have logged in already Empty I see "Please log in" but I have logged in already

Post  Admin Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:46 pm

Question:
I opened settings, filled in user name and password fields, and clicked log in button and logged in successfully. However, if I close settings panel, the gadget asks me to log in. If I look in gadget log file, I see error number: -2147467259.

Answer:
This generally means that the gadget cannot store and read back its settings in the Windows Sidebar built-in gadget settings store because the store is corrupted. To solve the issue, the gadget store needs to be recreated. Do the following:
  1. Exit from Windows Sidebar application by right clicking the proper icon on the system tray (not the sidebar!) and click Exit menu.
  2. Rename Settings.ini to xSettings.ini in the directory "c:\Users\[yourosusername]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar". Note, that you won't be able to rename this file until you exit Windows Sidebar properly.
  3. Restart the sidebar (Search for "Sidebar" in Start menu search box)
  4. You will need to reinstall all your gadgets.

Admin
Admin

https://ilab.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down