Ilab Windows Vista Sidebar gadgets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reminders if possible

2 posters

Go down

Reminders if possible Empty Reminders if possible

Post  psychoat Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:55 pm

I know it may be too much to ask for a sidebar program, but I would love a little reminder window and sound to pop up when the event reminder is set to go off. I know that google calendar has a reminder setting, it seems like its just an issue of whether or not it's possible to pop-up a tool-tip and sound, or flyout and sound... that sort of thing.

PS, Really like the program nonetheless.

psychoat

Back to top Go down

Reminders if possible Empty reminder

Post  guest Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:05 pm

Love the gadget, but a reminder feature would be so helpful. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Reminders if possible Empty best gadget, but needs sound reminders!

Post  me too Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:50 pm

thank you so much for this gadget, its exactly what i need, except its missing one very very important feature! we really need it to make a sound when an appointment is coming up! really really really! not sure if you take donations for your work here, but if you added sound to this gadget i would be the first to donate! please please please!

me too

Back to top Go down

Reminders if possible Empty Re: Reminders if possible

Post  Admin Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:16 am

You will have some blinking and notify sound in next version (blinking from due-5min to due+5min, notify sound at due-5min)

Admin
Admin

https://ilab.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  me Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:40 am

a remind again "in x min" or "x min before" would be great too. Many times I acknowledge the reminder and something comes up and I miss the appointment :-)
thx

me

Back to top Go down

Reminders if possible Empty Example of the reminder implemented in Windows Live Calendar Gadget

Post  VK Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:25 pm

Here is a screenshot of the Windows Live Calendar Gadget in action:
Reminders if possible Gcal_gadget
I thing you may note two useful features which are missed in the current build of Google Calendar Agenda:
1) Repeated tasks are noted with a special icon (I don't like the placement of the icon, but marking repeated items is useful).
2) The underline under the event names represents how long this started event lasts. This is a good visual representation of a started event duration.

And here is an example of a reminder:
Reminders if possible Gcal_gadget1

The author of Windows Live Calendar Gadget commented, that this is "a tiny reminder application which uses new features of Win7 taskbar" .

VK

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:06 pm

On 1 and 2: well, in my opinion, these things are just too much information on the main display, which I would like to keep as clean and simple as possible (personally I don't even use calendar color display gurks or text color). I suppose you basically know your events, therefore, on the main display these details should not be needed. And if there is something unfamiliar, the details are always for 1 click away.

Anyway, I could add a sign for repeating events (I don't think I will show duration information, that messes up the UI completely) I just don't really get the point currently Smile

On reminders: you mean that the gadget should notify you in a more agressive way as it does now?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Valery_Kondakoff Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Admin wrote:(personally I don't even use calendar color display gurks or text color)
I'm using them (as you see in the screenshot). It is just some kind of eye candy and a useful way to determine the calendar context. I have even made the color marks bigger. Thus, when I have orange 'Maxs' event this means Maxs have a birthday, and when I have blue 'Maxs' event this means smth different (if I'm to lazy to give an event a meaningful name... Smile

Admin wrote:Anyway, I could add a sign for repeating events (I don't think I will show duration information, that messes up the UI completely) I just don't really get the point currently Smile
I don't really want this. Just mentioned these two features to make aware of them. The author of Windows Live Calendar Gadget does not groups the events by day, but sorts them by start time and shows the end of the event. This allows him not to duplicate the single event which lasts for several days. See another screenshot for an example:

Reminders if possible Gcal_gadget3

The event 'Положить денег на телефон' is a single two-day event.

Admin wrote:On reminders: you mean that the gadget should notify you in a more agressive way as it does now?
Yes, this seems _very_ important to me. I really like to see pop-up reminders on the events which have Reminder set to 'Pop-up' in GCalendar event properties. Ideally, the pop-up should be shown exactly at the same time which is set in GCalendar event properties. Even better if this pop-up will have some kind of 'Snooze' functionality...
Valery_Kondakoff
Valery_Kondakoff

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:00 pm

Okay I put agressive alerts on my todo list.

Btw i really don't like the way that windows live gadget displays data... but that is perhaps my bad Smile Anyway, that is an other approach, both might have advantages on the other.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Valery_Kondakoff Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:17 pm

Thank you!

Speaking of displaying the events: I prefer the Google Calendar Agenda way as well!.. Smile
Valery_Kondakoff
Valery_Kondakoff

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down