Ilab Windows Vista Sidebar gadgets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hide past (completed) events

Go down

Hide past (completed) events Empty Hide past (completed) events

Post  Bill Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:11 am

Could you please add an option to hide events that are completed? For example: I set up an event to start tomorrow at 8:30 AM and end at 3:00 PM. The event would appear in the gadget until 3:00 PM tomorrow, and then it would be hidden.

Bill

Back to top Go down

Hide past (completed) events Empty Re: Hide past (completed) events

Post  Admin Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:01 pm

Well, I designed the application logic to specifically show today events until midnight, but I see your point and actually don't remember my reasons Shocked So, I will consider to add an option or to simply modify the logic to hide the event after its end time or leave the logic as is Smile

Admin
Admin

https://ilab.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:39 pm

Thank you very much for considering my request. Smile

Bill

Back to top Go down

Post  Skip Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:14 pm

Hello folks!

I see, that "hide past events" is implemented,
and now all events which are past aren't displayed even if i uncheck "hide events".

I think this was not intended wasn't it?
There are events, which are reagulary overdued, and if they dissapear from the list - they are easy forgotten.

Could you create a possiblity to display the past events?

Thnx

Skip

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:32 pm

The meaning of "Hide past events" is whether the gadget displays events which due TODAY but their end dates are over. For example, an event that lasts TODAY 16:00-17:00 is displayed at 17:30 or not.

The gadget never displayed events that were over before today 00:00.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  skipidar Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:37 pm

UUUUUuuuuUUU what a pity Sad
That means, that this Gadget can not replace the "I Forgot the milk" gadget.

In the last x month my life was organized like:
i was creating a To-Do, and if i did not complete it in time,
it stayed on top of the list, so i thought about it and completed it on weekend.

(apropos: thank you for the RTM gadget!)

Dissapearing calendar entrys make such a management impossible!

2 Questions:
- is it difficult to add a feature, like displaying the entrys of past x Days in the Calendar on top in red? Than google Calendar + your Gadget could replace ToDo lists! Smile
- how much affort is it, to use implement connections from Desktop Gadget to Online Services?

skipidar

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:15 pm

skipidar wrote:i was creating a To-Do, and if i did not complete it in time,
it stayed on top of the list, so i thought about it and completed it on weekend.

Yes, this is what a todo manager is good for.

skipidar wrote:Dissapearing calendar entrys make such a management impossible!

Well, IMO an event manager can NOT replace a todo manager and vica versa, as they are good for different things. You can "hack" to use one to the other purpose but that is inconvenient.

Events are things that due in a specific date/time, not before and not after. Todos are things that may not due at all or due in a specific time, but can be completed before, or after. If a todo is overdue, that does not mean that it disappears, as it must be completed anyway. This is also clear for Google, I think, that is why they introduced Google Tasks (which is joke at the moment without recurring todos and a public API, but that is an other story).

skipidar wrote:
2 Questions:
- is it difficult to add a feature, like displaying the entrys of past x Days in the Calendar on top in red? Than google Calendar + your Gadget could replace ToDo lists! Smile
- how much affort is it, to use implement connections from Desktop Gadget to Online Services?

To the first: not really difficult, I will consider. However, I disagree with that replacing thing.
The second: I don't really get the question Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Skip Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:12 am

I agree 100%!

Just wanna add an argument to the opposite side, to weight arguments against each other:

for some paranoic reason Smile i want to have all the information in one service, for better overview, easier backups and synchronization.
Since there is no possibility to use google task manager on my desktop - i think about adopting google calender. bounce

Skip

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down