Ilab Windows Vista Sidebar gadgets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Only Authenticate through IE?

2 posters

Go down

Only Authenticate through IE? Empty Only Authenticate through IE?

Post  Foxer Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:11 pm

Why only allow authentication through IE? I use Firefox exclusively, but when I have to log in, IFTM launches IE.

Also, It said I had to log in today (only second day using it) at launch, but the settings link had disappeared. Had to reinstall and go through the authentication crap again. If this happens every morning, it won't last past tomorrow...

Foxer

Back to top Go down

Only Authenticate through IE? Empty Re: Only Authenticate through IE?

Post  Admin Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:29 pm

I can modify it so that the default browser is used for authentication, I just didn't care so far, as theoretically you authenticate once and that lasts for a long time. Actually, I have never needed to reauthenticate so far.

What do you exactly mean of the "settings link had disappeared"?

What version of IE is installed on your OS? If it is not IE8, could you please try to upgrade (I understand that you don't like IE, but it is needed as sidebar gadgets are run by IE).

If this not helps: could you please set trace mode and send me the log file after the next launch, when it says you have to log in again - as it is described here https://ilab.forumotion.net/common-issues-solutions-f9/can-t-find-the-solution-t160.htm

Admin
Admin

https://ilab.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Only Authenticate through IE? Empty Only Authenticate through IE?

Post  Foxer Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:45 pm

Thank you for your reply...

The settings link I was referring to is the little wrench icon that appears in the upper right when you mouse-over the gadget. It happened to me again last night: When I booted my computer, IFTM showed an empty box with a request that I log in. The wrench was gone again. I didn't bother to re-install and re-authenticate. However, this morning the gadget appeared with my tasks and the wrench intact - no need to authenticate. Question

I have IE 8 installed on Vista Home Premium and all relevant updates. I think others might appreciate it launching their default browser. One reason I prefer it is that I have a password manager on FF that will automatically log me in to RTM.

Foxer

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:46 pm

A new version is available, which uses the default browser for authentication.

Admin
Admin

https://ilab.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Nosgoroth Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:15 pm

Thanks for this. I use LastPass for password management in Firefox and it's a pain to authenticate through IE.

Nosgoroth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down