Ilab Windows Vista Sidebar gadgets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Googler Freeze and Memory leak in Windows 7

2 posters

Go down

Googler Freeze and Memory leak in Windows 7 Empty Googler Freeze and Memory leak in Windows 7

Post  mic.julian Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:08 pm

I've been using the Google Calendar Agenda Gadget for a couple of months and it used to work fine; lately (last few weeks) there was an exclamation mark (!) visible in the upper left corner of the gadget and the agenda items were not up-to-date. Clicking on the exclamation mark showed a message "error 401 - unauthorized".
I went thru this forum but even though it has been mentioned that with version 1.2.2 the problem would be solved it does not appear so.

As it quite often happens, restrictions and bugs are apparent while the paid version does not seem to have those problems. So I decided to buy the Googler Pro version;
Problem became worse:

Not only does the gadget freeze after accepting the EULA, there's also a huge memory leak showing in the task manager under Sidebar.exe
I killed the process and restarted it; Sidebar.exe hung and memory leak was showing again in the task-manager.
I could not even access the window anymore which shows all the gadgets that can be installed.
I finally had to delete the settings in C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar

I could start the gadgettool again and reinstalled the googler gadget alone, unfortunately with the same consequences. Installing only my other gadgets everything works fine.
What could be the problem?

mic.julian

Back to top Go down

Googler Freeze and Memory leak in Windows 7 Empty Re: Googler Freeze and Memory leak in Windows 7

Post  Admin Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:54 pm

FYI, the paid and the free versions are pretty much the same except for certain features are added to Googler. Therefore, if you experience issues with the free version, you probably will with Googler too.

For the 401 unauthorized issue, I suspect it is a gmail check issue. You can be sure if you uncheck "check gmail" checkbox. Or you can try to log out and relogin on settings. Anyway, I could tell more if you sent me the log with trace switched on.

For the hang problem with Googler: please uninstall the gadget and clear the settings as you did before, install the gadget, switch on trace mode and reproduce the problem. Then contact me with the log here.

BTW, I hope, you tried Googler as trial version before buying. You didn't experience any issues as trial?

Admin
Admin

https://ilab.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Googler Freeze and Memory leak in Windows 7 Empty Re: Googler Freeze and Memory leak in Windows 7

Post  mic.julian Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:42 pm

Ok! Unchecking the "Check Gmail" feature seems to do the trick; in both the Googler and the Google Calendar Agenda Gadget!
However, now that I have the Googler working fine I tried to install the Wood theme and the gadget hangs and the memory leak start again.

I send you the debug file;

mic.julian

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:39 pm

The problem was that the gadget was installed in "Googler (1).gadget" directory under
C:\Users\[osuser]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets.

It was fixed by removing the directory "Googler (1).gadget" and reinstalling the gadget.

Admin
Admin

https://ilab.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down