Ilab Windows Vista Sidebar gadgets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deleting only one of a Repeating date doesnt work!

Go down

Deleting only one of a Repeating date doesnt work! Empty Deleting only one of a Repeating date doesnt work!

Post  dkm Fri May 27, 2011 10:32 am

Hi,

I have a lot of repeating dates every day. Like "Practice" or something. But if I am deleting one of them, the whole row of repeating dates got deleted! Even though the Gadget says "If it is a repeating date, only this one date is going to be deleted"...
So I am hiding them. But e.g. on my Android device they are shown anyways...

thx for help!

dkm

Back to top Go down

Deleting only one of a Repeating date doesnt work! Empty Re: Deleting only one of a Repeating date doesnt work!

Post  Admin Fri May 27, 2011 7:48 pm

The exact message text is: "In the case of recurring event all occurences are deleted". So, the gadget does what it tells.

If your events have due times, then the gadget will automatically hide them after their end time.

In fact, I think your "events" are actually "tasks" and you want to "complete" them. So you are using Google Calendar for a purpose which it is not designed for (IMHO). You could use Google Tasks instead, which is also supported by the gadget, but Google Tasks is pretty unusable for the purpose it is designed for (IMHO again), as it doesn't support repeating tasks for example.

I use another application, Remember The Milk, for managing tasks.

Admin
Admin

https://ilab.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Deleting only one of a Repeating date doesnt work! Empty Re: Deleting only one of a Repeating date doesnt work!

Post  dkm Mon May 30, 2011 9:28 am

ok, i´ll try the milk!

Thx!

dkm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down