Ilab Windows Vista Sidebar gadgets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acess to my Gmail eMails (read, delete, modify) ?

2 posters

Go down

Acess to my Gmail eMails (read, delete, modify) ? Empty Acess to my Gmail eMails (read, delete, modify) ?

Post  Lostie79 Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:11 pm

hey there,
im using this great gadget since years (with pro version).
even now on windows 10 and the gadget-extension app.

but whats strange, that when i request the google code,
it says that googler whats to have full acess on my emails?!

is that necessary?
and was this case since ever?
never remembered this.

thanks for answer me :-)

Lostie79

Back to top Go down

Acess to my Gmail eMails (read, delete, modify) ? Empty Re: Acess to my Gmail eMails (read, delete, modify) ?

Post  Admin Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:50 pm

Well, it has been a while, so I didn't actually remember Smile
It seems the gadget supports deleting emails, that must be the reason for requesting modification rights for gmail.
And yes, it is the case since ever (at least 4-5 years when the code was last modified).

Admin
Admin

https://ilab.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Acess to my Gmail eMails (read, delete, modify) ? Empty Re: Acess to my Gmail eMails (read, delete, modify) ?

Post  Lostie79 Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:54 pm

uhmm... ookeey. but is this necessary?
why your gadget needs to delete my emails?! o.O
can you delete my emails now?! >.<

Lostie79

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:42 pm

Well, I included this functionality because I wanted to be able to delete emails right in the gadget, without the need to open another client.

Of course, I, personally, cannot access your emails at all. You get notifications and you can delete them with the gadget.
However, if you don't want to use the functionality related to GMail, you can revoke the email modification right, just don't forget to switch off GMail related functions on the gadget also so that you don't recevie errors.

I think nowadays there is no need for the GMaill notification functionality, but the calendar related functions still rock Smile

Admin
Admin

https://ilab.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lostie79 Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:38 pm

thanks for answer.
where to uncheck the gmail functions?

Lostie79

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down