Ilab Windows Vista Sidebar gadgets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mail check fails for long account name

2 posters

Go down

Mail check fails for long account name Empty Mail check fails for long account name

Post  TheNixie Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:59 pm

I have two gmail accounts. One is 8 characters long (excluding "@gmail.com") the other is 10 characters.

Both accounts will update calendar just fine using trial or pro version.

The 8-character account updates/displays mail correctly on both trial and pro version.

The 10-character account fails to display mail, either as the primary account or as a '2nd gmail account' on pro version.

The error says:
"Gmail feed content doesnt belong to XXXXXXXXXX@gmai [sic]
The reason is probably wrong user name or password."

It would seem that perhaps code specific to the the mail check function is truncating...?

TheNixie

Back to top Go down

Mail check fails for long account name Empty Re: Mail check fails for long account name

Post  Admin Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:06 pm

It is definitely not an user name length issue (actually, I use a 12 chars long one).

I suppose your account is not a google apps one (though, only the url below makes the difference).

Please log in to GMail in an Internet Explorer (not with other browsers) with the long-name account and then go to the url https://mail.google.com/mail/feed/atom/ Now you should see some XML data containing info of your unread emails. Please send this XML to ilab at windowslive.com in email.

Also, please turn on trace mode in the gadget (settings/others scroll down and check trace) and send the log also with the xml.

Admin
Admin

https://ilab.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Mail check fails for long account name Empty Re: Mail check fails for long account name

Post  TheNixie Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:01 am

Thank you.

Info has been sent, and I am glad to know that it is capable of working for a longer account name. If it is something specific to this account, at least that should be identifiable. Smile

Must admit I was not aware that there was a distcintion between gmail and google apps account. This account uses g-calendar far more than mail, and has access to g-docs (though it is not used for that purpose) - - if that helps answer the question any...?

Thanks for any assistance - appreciate the response.

TheNixie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down